TZ350-LSR par Jeff Henise et Wayne Wright (Wobbly)

Comme au bar, ici on parle de tout .... ce qui ne va pas dans les autres rubriques ;-)

Modérateur : Equipe de modération

Répondre
August
Donateur 2021
Donateur 2021
Dpt : 33 - Gironde

TZ350-LSR par Jeff Henise et Wayne Wright (Wobbly)

Message par August »

je sais pas si cela a déja était partager , mais je trouve que ça en vaut le coup d'oeil .

Pour ceux qui on FB https://www.facebook.com/jhenise/posts/ ... 0252306228

http://www.highwaymanbikes.com/about-highwayman-bikes/

sinon la suite ici tiré de sa page facebook (merci a lui)

The Highwayman TZ350-LSR cylinders are "ported" and shipped off to Millennium Tech. for Nikasil plating!
There is "porting" and there is turning a cylinder into something it simply is not. We took the later approach.
Few people see a Yamaha TZ mono block as a blank canvas, or simply a rough casting far from it's full potential. Even fewer have the vision of how to actually take it there. However Wayne Wright "Wobbly" is one of those people.
I am grateful for the experience to have worked closely with Wobbly over the last 5 months designing the modifications to these cylinders and the rest of our engine. I have learned a lot and had to push my skills to the next level to actually make this thing! in the process we squeezed every millimeter of port area possible out of these castings. I mean if you want to win the classic 350 (pre 1981) bracket why not start with the fastest prouduction 350 race engine of the time, then consult the engineer responsible for the build of that engine that won the 1980 350 GP World Championship, combine that with 30 extra years of experience, and the shear tenacity (or possibly insanity) and craftsmanship it takes to actually execute these plans.
I owe it mostly all to Wobbly for the design, and am happy to take full credit for the execution.
we are hoping for world domination as the result. wahhhh ha ha!
basically what we did is convert a standard 6-port piston-port cylinder block to a 11-port reed valve configuration.
in the process we added stroke and reduced bore for a more "square" configuration. we reversed the cykinders so the exhaust is out the back and intake on the front. we added a bridge to the intake to support the piston and make the port huge. we also added two exhaust ports (3 port), ovaled the exhaust port passage, two boost ports, hooked the transfers around the back and altered all the port timing. the intake and exhausts are so wide they blow right through the mounting studs so special "wasted" studs were made that we could cut port area into and seal to the block with o-rings. the added stroke sent the piston right out top so deck plates were welded to the top and bottom to add cylinder length.
This motor will have a 16:1 swept compression ratio and will eat 110 octane for lunch. Feeding this beast will be big twin Lectron flatslides and RS125 reed blocks.
We also re routed water flow for better cooling.
To accomplish this I had to cut huge holes everywhere and fill things in with weld so ports could be added where there was just air otherwise.
and if that doesn't sound like enough work for you i made two matching top ends.
the result is a monster with porting much more reminiscent of later model 2-strokes while retaining features that are looking more like just an evelotionary vestige of what once was a early generation TZ.
I would also like to thanks Michael Moore for several days of CNC help getting the deck plates sorted out!
Marc Wayne Salvisberg a while ago you had a post asking people something like "what makes the fastest RD cased yamaha's?" -here is my approach. we will need to get this on your dyno. the power for a narrow stud pattern case Yamaha twin should be formidable!

désoler les photo ne sont pas "vraiment" dans l'ordre .

COCONUT
Donateur 2021
Donateur 2021
Dpt : 31 - Haute Garonne

Message par COCONUT »

Je l'ai vu ce soir

Un peu tordu et compliqué cette affaire, espérons que ça ne finisse pas comme le TSS 500 parce que là ils ont encore choisi un truc pas dur du tout :mrgreen:
"Je sais que je plais pas à tout le monde, mais quand je vois à qui j'plais pas... J'me demande si ça m'dérange vraiment"
rgdavid
Pilote Anglé
Dpt : 09 - Ariège

Message par rgdavid »

Coco, cest pour usage unique,....land speed.
Clyindre de origine obligatoire pour rester dans le catogorie.
Gros tricherie mais le LSR regulations dit ok.
http://www.wyrd-works.com/ (maison mere de team Bollocks racing)
Truth is an offense / Le verité est une crime, Pour etre honette faut vivre hors de la loi
pour peice de rgv ou rs250 visit http://www.thetuningworks.co.uk/store/
COCONUT
Donateur 2021
Donateur 2021

Message par COCONUT »

Non mais vois un peu les modifs de taré pour juste une course :shock: :lol:

La passion !
"Je sais que je plais pas à tout le monde, mais quand je vois à qui j'plais pas... J'me demande si ça m'dérange vraiment"
keps.bzh
Donateur 2021
Donateur 2021
Dpt : 29 - Finistère

Message par keps.bzh »

Ya des pointures et du niveau dans ce championnat, ils ont les moyens. C'est pas pour être le champion du monde du quartier :wink: En plus, Woobly est un peu le genre à pas faire les choses à moitié, si il a fait ca comme ca, ya pas besoin de remettre en question, c'est surement proche de la meilleur solution au vu de la problématique, un peu comme Francis :wink:
" Je vous parle d'un Deux Temps,250 KR1 1989 Café Racer
Que les moins de Vingt ans,125 NX4 2002
Ne peuvent pas connaitre..."CC 50 XG2 1986
philou
Pilote licencié
Dpt : 26 - Drôme

Message par philou »

COCONUT a écrit :Non mais vois un peu les modifs de taré pour juste une course :shock: :lol:
Ils partent d'un moteur de conception ancienne pour lui appliquer les solutions récentes. Forcément sa fait du boulot.

Aux lieux de les prendre pour des fous, j'ai plus l'impression que en fait sai nous les français qui ne faisons pas grand choses.

L'histoire TSS, c'est surtout l'associé de Wobbly qui a bien déconné. Allant jusqu'à revendre les motos des clients :shock:
Ils y en a pas mal qui le cherche toujours...
Qui veut faire quelque chose trouve un moyen. - Qui ne veut rien faire trouve une excuse !

Marre des Yamaha Image
COCONUT
Donateur 2021
Donateur 2021

Message par COCONUT »

C'est vrai j'ai lu tout ça sur le forum australien.

Mais wobb est un fou quand meme :lol:

Leur projet est un peu inutile et donc un peu indispensable tant que la passion est là.

Attention pour la TSS je ne parle pas des problemes commerciaux mais bien de la tonne de problemes techniques rencontrés
Répondre